It is the middle of the week and I am sure some of you all are ready for it to be the weekend! Whether you have plans this weekend or not, I hope it is a fabulous one! For those of you who might have a day this weekend with nothing to do, I have a pampering routine I really enjoyed treating myself to last weekend that I think you might would enjoy too. It was so relaxing and fun to try out some new face and eye mask recipes that are completely DIY and inexpensive. Total bonus right? I just used ingredients I had.
Here are the recipes I used for my face and eye mask and I will also list some others I have found. Also, my complete weekend pampering routine video will be posted below, so be sure to watch it as well. Thank you all so much for reading and watching!
Ingredients: Lemon, Cinnamon, Honey (preferably raw honey is best)
- For one person, I would say mix about 2 tbs. of honey, half squeezed lemon, and a tsp. of cinnamon.
- Honey is amazing for the skin. Unfortunately, I did not have raw honey, so I used pure clover honey. If you can, I would try and get the raw honey. Honey and cinnamon both have anti-bacterial properties in them. Lemon juice helps fade scars, brighten dark spots, and exfoliate.
Ingredients: Coffee, Olive Oil
- This is super easy! Just mix in about a tbs. of coffee grounds and enough olive oil to be able to spread it on your face.
- Olive oil is very moisturizing to the skin and coffee contains anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties that keep your skin soft and bright. It also shrinks blood vessels, which helps with puffiness and dark spots.
- For a more everyday routine, you could also just brew coffee and soak some cotton pads in it and place under your eyes.
- All you need for this hair mask is coconut oil and a plastic wrap.
- Apply the coconut oil to the ends of your hair, massaging it in.
- Tie your hair into a low bun and wrap with plastic.
- Leave in for at least 30 min. but it is best to sleep in it.
- Wash out the oil
- DO NOT apply to the roots or you will be an oily mess!
- Coconut oil is great for moisturizing dry hair and adding a little shine to it.
Other Great Ingredients for DIY Face Masks:
Yogurt, Banana, Avocado, Lavender, Oranges, Cocoa Powder
**If you are interested in seeing more DIY skincare recipes, please comment below or send me a message letting me know. I have been doing some research and I will probably be trying some more out!